Scheduling & Visitor RestrictionsWe will be rescheduling some patient appointments and procedures in an effort to protect our patients and staff. Conserving personal protective equipment helps us prioritize the needs of those who may require immediate care. Adjustments to scheduled procedures and appointments will be made as requested by the physician, patient or as required by official local or national public health authorities. We will contact you directly if your appointment or procedure is postponed until a later date. During this time, all Hialeah Hospital facilities will remain open to care for patients who require in-person visits and time-sensitive care. Thank you for understanding our need to take these measures for the safety of all.
Only adult visitors will be permitted (18 years of age and above) during the hours of 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM for non-COVID patients.
Visitors are welcome to visit as follows:
Inpatient: One visitor per day
Inpatient/Outpatient Surgery & Invasive Procedures: One visitor may stay in the designated waiting area until procedure/surgery is complete. Following procedure/surgery, the inpatient policy will apply if the patient is admitted. If procedure/surgery ends later than 7 PM, the visitor will be permitted to stay until it is complete. Then, he/she will be asked to return when visitation hours opens the next day.
Emergency Room: One visitor dependent on patient’s condition. If the patient is admitted, the inpatient visitation policy will apply
Labor and Delivery: One visitor for the entire stay of the mother. This may include a spouse/partner or a person designated by the patient.
NICU: Up to two visitors for the duration of the stay. No rotating/alternating visitors for NICU patients.
Hospice/end-of-life: Two visitors will be permitted
COVID-19 Positive Patients: No visitors at this time
Visitors must commit to:
- Not visit the hospital if pending results of a COVID test or have been diagnosed with COVID in the last 14 days
- Not visit the hospital if living with someone diagnosed with COVID in the last 14 days or currently having respiratory symptoms/illness or leaving with someone under quarantine for COVID
- Only visit if free of any respiratory symptoms/illness
- Have temperature checked upon arrival (must be below 99° F)
- Follow all hospital infection control policies:
- Sanitize hand on arrival, before entering the patient’s room and upon leaving the patient’s room
- Wear mask at all times covering nose and mouth
- Keep a minimum of six feet away from the patient and the staff at all time
- Avoid touching items in the patient’s room/bathroom
- Only visit the patient room; do not visit other areas of the hospital including the cafeteria
- Leave promptly at the end of visiting hours
- Only enter and exit the patient’s room once during their visit
Restrictions for Hospital Entry/Exit
Entry and exit is now limited to the main lobby and emergency room only.
An exception to any limited visitation policy at the hospital is patients with disabilities who require support from family members or staff in order for them to effectively communicate with medical personnel or otherwise receive equal access to medical treatment.